WHAT IS YOUTHMOVE OHIO?
YouthMOVE Ohio is a youth led organization devoted to improving services and systems to support youth inclusion, mental wellness, positive supports and healthy transition.
YouthMOVE Ohio empowers youth to advocate for themselves and live healthy, meaningful lives.
Our vision is a world where youth are respected for their experience and given the tools and supports they need to succeed.
WHAT DO WE DO?
YouthMOVE Ohio advocates for youth rights and youth voices at a national, state and local level. We empower youth to be equal partners in the processes that impact them and offer support and guidance.
- Specific activities of YouthMOVE Ohio include:
- A statewide youth leadership council
- Assist in the development of local YouthMOVE chapters
- Developing YouthMOVE Ohio principles and policies
- Developing training tools, guides and other resources
- Consulting youth, providers, families and other adults
- Providing statewide leadership to youth-serving systems
- Training partners in the area of authentic youth involvement
WHO DO WE SERVE?
Ohio youth ages 14-24 who have experience in the various youth-serving systems.
WHY DO WE DO IT?
YouthMOVE works toward the day when all people will recognize and accept the culture of youth, their families, and the communities that serve them in order to be truly culturally competent. We look forward to the day when youth are no longer treated as numbers, problems or caseloads, but as individuals and humans. We will all stand as partners: youth, youth advocates, supporters, parents and professionals to see our youth become successful.